Klass Money Interview

Posted by Ayeola | 11:06 PM

Allu know I could not let my first-week-grand-launch of my site pass and without featuring a Dominican artist right????? Of course you did. LOL..... And guess what it's not a Bouyon artist or Zouk or Calypso artist either. He's a rapper. Uh huh....

He is Klass Money and he's focused on making it in this rap game-ya dig? He grew up first in the city of Roseau and then moved to the suburb of Wallhouse about age 6. He says growing up in D.A (that's short for Dominica) " was fun, interesting, memorable. I was always a troublesome dude. I guess it was due to the fact that I was young." The young Klass Money hung with a click called Outlaws, then with 24 Style, but not too long after hooking up with the later he moved to Miami. Looking back he says "I think it was for my own good, guess that's why my mom made sure I moved ASAP (laughs).

When it came to music, he says he was more into reggae a la Buju Banton. He got his first taste of rap music, after friends introduced him to 2Pac and it was love at first listen. Interestingly enough, rapping for him was just a hobby, but after developing a fan base, working with producers around the globe and seeing the interest that others had in his music, he began considering it as a career.

KlassMoney is currently working on his 2000 N Mine street album- his 3rd solo project due out this summer. You can download his 2nd Period Klass In Session mixtape on his MySpacePage.
Klass Money is currently managed by 3D Sound Management Inc and he says "I got a few record labels interested in me so it's on and popping!"

Interesting update. So here I am typing up this interview, and I realized I never asked for his real name, so I was like dude, what's your name. So he's like Jefferson Scotland. LOL!!!!! That's my cousin ya'll!!! Our grandmothers are sisters!!!! Is that crazy or what????? Guess I missed the little innocent face I once knew under that beard and dem dreads. Now he have his game face on. So now I'm even happier that I am not only bigging up a Dominican but a family member too. Big ups to Jewo (his Dad) and Carol (his mama, ooh he looks like her too) your sisters and the rest of the fam.

Family, Homey, Street Hustler, Lyrical master, Klass Money you are officially Lime Certified!




Q & A


1. Who gave you the name Klass Money?
My wifey came up with that name but i found meaning in it...b4 that everybody called me Klassic or Klass but i felt that KlassMoney represented me better because it describe my character as an artist better and also symbolized my son but that's another story.


2.What do most people say when you tell them you are from Dominica?
Dominican Republic? (laughs)


3. Do you have a favorite saying? (like how Keyshia Cole's sister always says "Are you serious?")
Yea, its "bruh." I love saying bruh at the end of my sentence when I'm playing around: Na'mean bruh?


4.What is your favorite video game?
None,I ain't really into games. I'm too busy trying to get rich (laughs) but if I had to say one video game, it would be Grand Theft Auto.


5. What kind of movies do you like?
I'm into action movies.


6.What have you accomplished that you are most proud of?
That's easy. My son.


7. If you could spy on anyone who would it be?
That's a hard one because I could care less about what anybody else is doing...but I'd say my girl I guess (laughs).


8.Has anyone ever broken your heart?
Yea, my ex broke my heart but it was a lesson I needed to learn and I'm happy she did that because she wasn't the one for me and I'm happier without her.


9.Can you name one place you've never visited but would like to and why?
Yea, England, I got family out there. I know a lot of people who's been out there and I want to be able to share that experience one day.

10. What is your worst habit?
That's easy, smoking!!!!! (laughs)








GO WITH YOUR GUT


11. Great legs or gorgeous hair (on a woman)
Great legs all day!


12.Rooftop party or basement party?
Rooftop party.


13.Zouk or Soca?
I don't really care for none, but if I had to choose one I would say Soca.


14.Knowledge or wisdom?
Knowledge


15. Fur or leather?
Leather.



FINISH IT....


16. No one knows that I am very conscientious.

17. Condoms save lives!

18.I am inspired by my family and friends.

19.When I want to relax I smoke on fruit loops(laughs).

20. Klass Money is unstoppable.


And yes it's some grown folks lyrics on his site. You've been warned!

MySpace.com/daklassic

MySpace.com/3dsoundmanagement




Bookmark and Share
0 comments